Education is at the core of Haiti Health Initiative’s humanitarian trips
Interpreter educating school girls about menstruationEducation is a key catalyst for change. Through education, we hope to improve local residents’ overall health and quality of life. Our educational goals are expansive and include the following:
- Raising the literacy rate
- Ensuring each person attains at least a primary education level
- Teaching basic healthcare, especially preventative maintenance and nutrition
- Training interested parties in technical health skills, such as midwifery
- Leaving knowledgeable individuals to maintain and elaborate on instituted systems, such as gardens and water piping
- Generally helping the people of Timo and the surrounding areas to continue to provide services after HHI volunteers leave
Amount Raised For The Education Project
We Did It!
Huge thank you to the Rampton & Cropper families for making the $60,000 donation match! A total of $141,141 was raised!
Help HHI Build a School in Timo, Haiti
Click here to learn more about the school and its impact on the community of Timo.
RECENT BLOG & UPDATES
The following selection of articles provides an inside look at HHI’s updates on recent projects and history of accomplishments.
WANT TO KNOW ABOUT US. Evens Robert, one of the founding members of AgwoAyiti, observed the precarious economic and environmental conditions in his home community of Fond d’OiesFrom his observations in Fond d’Oies, he realized that there was untapped potential in...
WANT TO KNOW ABOUT US. To Recap, HHI contacted the company ARUP to develop the design of the IMPV school in Timo, Haiti.This project aims to bring a much-needed new school facility in the remote, mountainous community of Timo. The school will be attended by around 225...
HAITI HEALTH INITIATIVE PARTNERS
For general questions, concerns, or comments, use the form below to contact a member of HHI, who will assist you.
Haiti Health Initiative aims to improve the overall health and well being of rural Haitians, one community at a time. We seek to accomplish this through providing education and services in primary health care, dental care, public health, and nutrition within each community at risk.
If you would like to know more about Haiti Health Initiative as a Non-Profit Organization and registered Non-Governmental Organization, you can review the organizing documents by clicking here.